The first time I met another podcaster, the first thing we talked about was what podcasting gear each other was using. So I figured it would be great to have a page to not only let people know what we are currently using, but what gear we would like to get as well. This page will update and change as we progress thru this amazing journey.
This is our current setup as of September 2017. These items may vary depending on how often we update this section. If a piece of gear was upgraded we will provide a link to the old gear we used. Also, the reason why we switched or upgraded will also be included as well.
- 6 low-noise Mackie Vita mic preamps add life to any input. ReadyFX effects engine with 16 effects including reverbs, delays, and choruses
- 7-band graphic EQ for tuning mains or monitors
- Aux output for monitor mixes, venue 70-volt systems, and more
- 3-band EQ and 100Hz low-cut filter on all channels
- Handheld dynamic microphone with USB digital output and XLR analog output
- USB output connects to your computer for digital recording, while the XLR output connects with your sound system conventional microphone input for use in live performance
- Smooth, extended frequency response ideally suited for pod casting, home studio recording, field recording, voice over, and on-stage use
- Built-in headphone jack allows you to directly monitor your microphone output without audible delay
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and rear
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Broadcast quality sound
- High output dynamic capsule
- Balanced, low impedance output
- Internal shock mounting of capsule for low handling noise
- Internal pop-filter to reduce plosives
- Professional-quality dynamic cardioid microphone
- Heavy-duty internal pop filter reduces proximity effects
- Internal element shock mount reduces vibration-induced noise
- Blast and wind filters cover each acoustic opening
- Frequency response: 45Hz-18kHz
- Case Material: Steel;Connector Type: 3-pin XLR
- Diameter (Max) 54 mm
The Wish List
The Old Gear
- Why: We upgraded to a bigger mixer, with three hosts it only left room for one xlr channel which made it hard when we had multiple guests.
- Info: Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art XENYX, phantom-powered Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 4 studio-grade compressors with super-easy “one-knob” functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Neo-classic “British” 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer.
*Disclosure: This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Where appropriate, we have links to Amazon that we use and trust. We do this to help cover the cost of web hosting and other podcast related expenses. Thanks for the support.